Saturday, March 10, 2018

Still a Jeanne-Anne

I've joined a mentoring circle which is using Tara Mohr's Playing Big as a launch pad. The book recommends journaling as a way to engage the material. I've been resisting that in favor of pondering and sitting with the concepts, which mostly means I've been avoiding engaging with it. :) Chapter 6 is about how women "hide" from playing big. Reading it really highlighted my lack of engagement. Ok, ok, so I tried journaling (in a book I last used for Lent 2015). It wasn't really me, not really "being a Jeanne-Anne". . . . Yeah. Immediately, I started to back away - maybe I should do an equivalent blog for my online persona, CharisSophia and do the journaling there. After all, "she's" been experimenting with a Minecraft video series. "She" actively maintains a public profile. Talk about HIDING! This is all so very Jeanne-Anne and not at all CharisSophia. [The few people who know me well enough to read this have been thinking "Well, duh!" all through this short post.] So I shall publicly, transparently claim my Jeanne-Anne-ness and step into the light with all my textures and character. Hold me accountable! There should be another post within 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment